Wrong Injection Renders Young Boy Paralyzed At Tepa-Asuhyiae
An 8-year-old child in the Ashanti Region is on the verge of losing his brighter future after receiving an incorrect injection from a midwife.
The infant received the incorrect injection from a midwife at Tepa-Asuhyiae Chip Compound in the Ahafo Ano North District of the Ashanti Region.
Mr. Yaw Adoko, the victim’s father, explained the tragic incident on Kumasi-based morning show today, Tuesday, July 26, 2022, hosted by Nana Kwabena Ampratwum. He said his son had been ill the previous week and had been rushed from school to receive treatment at the Asuhyiae Chip Compound.
The child received the incorrect injection from the on-call midwife, only known as Lydia.
The infant appeared to be about to fall, so the father grabbed him, according to Mr. Adoko, who revealed this on a show a minute after the injection at the chip compound.
The midwife imagined the father was furious and had given him a Malta guiness to drink, but the infant was still unable to stand.
The victim became paralyzed on the way home, so Mr. Adoko, the victim’s father, had to carry his son.
Since then, the child’s condition has gotten worse as his legs continue to get smaller and weaker.
The child’s right arm is disabled, and he is unable to stand up straight.
The midwife’s failure to work with the victim’s father to treat and save the child is the worst aspect.
Mr. Yaw Adoko is now requesting assistance.
View the child following the injection in the video below.