Tema Motorway Builders Asked To Moved By May1
The buildings and structures along the Tema motorway road withhold have been asked to move from the area before Monday, May 1, 2022.
The Ayawaso West Municipal Chief Executive (MCE), Sandra Owusu-Ahenkorah, has cautioned the people over there are daggering their life and are going to be arrested or prosecuted before the law.
She added that it has come to their notice that some illegal structures that were demolished last week, they returned to mount up new ones again.
Madam Sandra sends a strong warning that the Assembly is not going to entertain such behaviors “they are undertaking this demolishing exercise under a very difficult situation on Monday morning just because a few people in the municipality do not want them to have their peace of mind and they are also not going to sleep, anyone that will be caught from May 1 would not be spared but will serve as a deterrent to others.”
According to her, the assembly had undertaken several demolishing exercises from the motorway toll booth to the Tetteh Quarshie Interchange for the people to keep the place in order, but they refused to obey their instructions.
She said, “the law must bite this time, the Bye-Laws would be fully implemented, they cannot continue to pay lip service to actions of people who do want to support the assembly achieve its mission and vision.”
Madam Owusu explains that the resources used on each demolition exercise could be transmitted into other productive ventures for socio-economic development to enhance the lives of the people.
She stressed that “Clean-up exercises are capital intensive and the assembly will no more excuse such acts and the next action is clearing, arrest and prosecute.”
She finally said, the motorway extension project is an open area and any dirty thing done could be seen so vulcanizes, tabletop sellers, and people who had turned the area into sleeping places must immediately pack and go or have themselves to blame.