Man, 65, Electrocuted To Death
An unfortunate death occurred when a 65-year-old pensioner called Openyin Ebow Takyi was electrocuted at Breman Asikuma in the Central Region’s Asikuma Odoben Brakwa District.
During a violent downpour on Sunday, May 22, 2022 afternoon, the dead was electrocuted in his store.
An eyewitness described how the incident occurred, saying that the deceased’s container store had naked wires on the roof and because the container was metallic and it had rained, he was electrocuted and died instantaneously as he touched it.
According to reports, the deceased’s wife was also electrocuted by the same container a few days before, but she survived.
However, the dead was unable to resolve the issue, and he died in the same manner.
Officials from the Ghana Police Service and the Ghana Electricity Company were notified, and they arrived at the site and transported the deceased to the Our Lady of Grace Government Hospital Mortuary.
He was survived by his wife and five children.