Couple Electrocuted To Death After Electric Wire Was Used As A Drying Line
A couple was electrocuted to death by an electric wire that they were using as a drying line in Kongo, a village in the Nabdam District of the Upper East Region, on Wednesday morning [April 20, 2022].
Joseph and Mary Banike perished instantaneously after being electrocuted by a wire that was used as a drying line on their apartment’s porch.
The wife, Mary, was the one who was electrocuted first, and Joseph sought to save her but was also electrocuted.
Mary went out to fetch water from a nearby borehole and was regrettably caught by the wire as she was dumping the water into a water reservoir, according to some of the couple’s neighbors.
According to the neighbors, Mary, who was apparently unaware that the wire they used as a drying line was powered, was electrocuted and went down with the water, dying instantly.
Joseph, the husband, who happened to be nearby at the time of the incident, rushed to the scene to save his wife, but he was electrocuted in the process.
The incident drew the attention of relatives and neighbors.